Pre-Rookie League Softball Rules
1. All Managers, Coaches and Players Must Have Fun!!!
2. Please, be ready to start at your designated starting time (Saturday’s 9:00-10:30am)
3. All bags should have 4 helmets, 2 Bats, & 10 or more balls
4. Field house has batting tee’s and first aid kits for every team.
1. All batters and baserunners must wear helmets
2. A special soft softball will be used for all practices and games.
3. No on-deck batters
4. Bench area needs to be at least halfway down base path and back from playing field.
PRACTICE GUIDELINES: All practices should be 45 minutes at the beginning of each session. Here are some helpful ideas.
1. Begin with some type of warm-up. Stretching, jumping jacks, Running the bases etc.
2. Divide the team into small groups. Have 1 group work on the correct way to throw and hold a softball. Have 1 group work on the "alligator" fielding of ground balls. Have 1 group work on hitting example- bat grip, hand eye coordination, etc.
3. Have 1 group work on catching a ball.
NOTE: Pre-Rookie League Players have short attention spans, rotate groups accordingly.
GAME GUIDELINES: All games should last 45 minutes.
1. At the start of the season all players MUST use the batting tee.
2. As the season progresses have the coach’s pitch and use tee when needed.
3. Please encourage a team atmosphere.
4. At the start of the season don't worry about outs in a game. Let the player run the bases and have some fun.
5. Every player will bat through the lineup.
6. Players should rotate evenly so all have a chance to make plays.
7. Runners advance one base at a time.
8. As the season progresses players should start learning about outs in a game, use your own judgment.